Az2B Theatre Company specialises in creating innovative, impactful theatre for Arts in Health, Education & Training.
Our plays are innovative training tools which engage on an emotional level which in turn impacts long term learning & change.
Audiences have included:
- Primary Schools
- Secondary Schools
- Medical Schools and Training
- Dementia Services
- Health, Social & Childcare Services
- Care Agencies
- Support Services.
- Primary Care Trusts & CCG’s
- Healthcare NHS Foundation Trusts
- Professional bodies within the field of dementia.
- Development & training agencies
- Families, Carers and people with dementia
- Memory Cafes and other Networks
- Dementia Friendly Town Initiatives
- Care Homes & Nursing Homes
- Museums with Outreach Community Work
- General Public
- MP’s and representatives from the House of Lords
We are delighted to announce we have been successful in our Arts Council and FEAST application to film our dementia plays.
Both Grandma Remember Me? And What do you see? have been filmed and edited and are available along with live Q&A’s.
For bookings please email email@example.com or Mobile: 07931 667356.
The filming was done in association with The Valerie Foundation which supports people whose lives have been affected by dementia.
For more information visit their website www.tvfhcfdementiacom or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking to create a similar platform for Grandma on the Moon? and develop a digital platform around bereavement.
Watch this space!
Pictures from the film set
We are beginning to extend our digital profile and are currently able to offer the following films,
developed to support the LondonADASS Annual Carer Festival via Zoom, September 2020.
"I will feel better able to encourage this in the people
I meet facing challenges and
adapting to a diagnosis of dementia.”
An interactive training workshop
Forum theatre combines both performance and audience engagement.
We develop bespoke scripts around identified need and through an interactive process, engage the audience to find positive solutions.
Forum pieces have included:
- The impact of dementia within faith
- Dementia in a ward setting
- Challenges faced by hospitals
- Advocacy within dementia
- Challenges faced by carers
An external facilitator manages the process and humour is often used to break down barriers. It is a powerful training tool which impacts long term change.
“The workshop was great – eye opening.
It will make me think more about my people’s backgrounds.”
Az2B offers a variety of bespoke workshops to support
Arts in Health, Education & Training.
In December 2019 Az2B ran workshops for REACH Cornwall as part of a full days training around dementia.
REACH Cornwall is an initiative for the social care and health sector in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. The project, officially titled the Excellence in Health and Care Skills Group, is part-funded by the European Social Fund and delivered by Truro and Penwith College. As an employer-led forum, REACH Cornwall offers those working across the sector the opportunity to:
- work collaboratively to identify skills shortages and develop tailored training packages
- discuss wider issues (e.g. recruitment and retention) and possible solutions, and ultimately
- Raise Excellence and Aspiration in Care and Health